Zoom’s meeting platform is one of the most popular video conferencing systems in the world. This video conferencing software offers excellent video and audio streaming for free. The service is scalable to some extent, starting with the free basic plan and upgrading to options that bring large amounts of integrations and data storage options to the table.
Zoom’s Basic plan is always free; you are not required to provide credit card information to use it. With Basic, you get:
- Unlimited group meetings hosted for up to 40 minutes
- Unlimited individual meetings, each session limited to 30 hours
- The capacity to accommodate up to 100 participants
- The possibility of private and group discussions
Plus, the free version includes access to a host of business integrations including Asana, Salesforce, Alexa, HubSpot, and Workplace, among others. Zoom also doesn’t charge you extra for whiteboard tools, screen sharing, audio and video recordings, or the ability to integrate with Google Calendar.
Zoom’s Basic level may seem complete if you only need one license. However, if you want unlimited meetings or specific web conferencing tools, you’ll want to consider an upgrade.
With the Pro level, you get everything in Basic plus:
- Social media posting
- Co-accommodation and alternative accommodation
- Ability to designate anyone on the Pro plan to schedule meetings
- One gigabyte (GB) of cloud recording per license
- Skype for Business
- Live transcription
- Live streaming via YouTube, Facebook or a third-party service
- Usage reports
- User management tools
The Pro plan costs $ 14.99 per license per month; Zoom recommends it for small teams as you can only purchase a maximum of nine licenses.
The Business level brings everything in the Basic and Pro plan, as well as some crucial additions:
- Ability to host meetings of up to 300 participants
- Recording of transcripts
- Administration portal for simplified billing, user management and usage information
- Language interpreters, who receive their own audio channels
- Single sign-on (SSO)
- Corporate branding
- Managed domains
This plan is for small businesses that need 10 to 99 licenses. Although the price is $ 19.99 per license, you can expect to invest a minimum of around $ 199.90 per month.
Zoom offers a great business loan plan available for businesses with 1,000 or more employees who require more than what is available at lower levels. It also requires a minimum purchase of 50 licenses.
As with enterprises, the Enterprise level costs $ 19.99 per month for each license. But unlike the Business subscription plan, you need to contact Zoom’s sales department directly to make a purchase. Enterprise is the only premium level where annual agreements are mandatory; you can pay the full cost up front or agree to pay month-to-month.
This highest level has all of the previous plans, with the addition of features such as:
- Ability to accommodate up to 500 participants
- Customer success management
- Management business reviews
- 500 webinar
- Bundled discounts
Enterprise is arguably the most expensive option available. However, features like unlimited cloud storage make the package appealing to large teams.